ABOUT PARANJAPE VIDYA MANDIR (PRIMARY AND SECONDARY)
PARANJAPE VIDYA MANDIR is an English Medium School based on Indian culture. Our culture stands for RITA, SATYA, YAGNA and TAPAS. Our forfathers lived and died for Satyam, Shivam, Sundaram- Truth, Love and Beauty. These values are embedded in education. Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Pune Kendra started a branch in Kothrud in the year 2002 with the view to meeting the growing needs for an educational institute in an area which has found a place in the Guinness book of world records for fastest growth rate of population. Our school, which was started with a simple beginning, has now flourished by leaps and bounds. Today we have classes from Std. I to X (Morning Shift) & I to V (Afternoon Shift) [S.S.C.] with approx. 2200 students in 45 divisions. It has a spacious building with a play field.
The school is recognized by the Government of Maharashtra and prepares pupils for the Secondary School Certificate examination (Std. X). The results of Std. X Board Examination so far have been excellent. For the last 5 years the school has achieved 100 per cent results.
The school provides a rich, stimulating and satisfying environment to the students for the promotion of their all round physical, mental, moral and social development. It aims to instill self confidence in the child and help the students to value and use their freedom judiciously. Hence the purpose of this school is not only to impart instruction but also to educate the child as a whole. We give equal weightage to academics, sports, co-curricular and extra curricular activities. The students are exposed to various activities at a very young age.
The school is fully equipped with excellent teaching aids in science, social science, maths and literature. Apart from the regular school syllabus, projects in various subjects are undertaken. Activity based method of teaching is followed. By this method, the teacher gets closer to children and allows the child to interact, explore and discover.
We believe that comprehensive practical study is a necessary supplement to the theoretical classroom knowledge. Practicals enhance a student's observation power. We have a fully equipped science laboratory for the senior students and junior lab for the students of Std. III to VII . Thus going beyond the realms of bookish knowledge, the students develop an open mind and it further their urge to learn more.
The library is an integral part of any school. At Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, we have a full fledged Library with seating capacity to accommodate a whole class. Students are motivated to enjoy silent reading, guided for selecting books and inspired to use reference books on diverse subjects.
- Students visit different orphanages and old age homes and donate rice, fruits, biscuits, note books, medicines etc. from their pocket money. They also arrange for entertainment programmes for them.
- The Annual Blood Donation drive for parents.
- Plastic waste is collected from nearby slums by students. Also they collect plastic waste from home and donate to school. In collaboration with an NGO, 'Sagar Mitra', the plastic waste is purchased from school and recycled. Money collected is sent to 'Lokbiradari Hemalkasa' which is run by the world famous Dr. Prakash Amte.
- Junior students prepared Greeting Cards from waste material and sold these cards to seniors and money collected donated to 'Balodyan', an orphanage at Kolhapur.
- In order to sensitize the students towards their social responsibilities, the school organises public awareness programmes i.e. tree plantation, traffic rules, go green.
- HM : Smt. Philomena Gaikwad
Std. I to X ( Morning Shift ) Std. I to VII (Afternoon Shift) -
9.30 a.m. to 10.00 a.m. (Monday to Thursday)
- Std. I to IV (Morning & Afternoon Shift)
- Smt. Amita Tanksali – (Supervisor) 9.30 a.m. to 10.00 a.m.
- Smt. Abhijata Chavan – (Co-ordinator) 12.40 a.m. to 1.05 p.m.
- Std. V to VII (Morning & Afternoon Shift)
- Smt. Vidya Thomas (Supervisor) 12.40 p.m. to 1.00 p.m.
- Smt. Durga Bhandarkar (Co-ordinator) 9.30 a.m. to 10.00 a.m.
- Std. VIII to X (Secondary)
- Smt. Manjusha Puranik (Supervisor) 9.30 a.m. to 10.00 a.m.